Thursday, April 19, 2012

Roti (Indian Flat Bread)

I am one of those who finds the entire process of making Roti little difficult. Kneading the dough, rolling out chappattis / rotis and then roasting them. Few things that worked for me.

I make the dough in stand mixer
I put 2 cups of whole wheat flour (aata) in the bowl. Salt to taste. And lil less than a cup of water.
I scoop out the flour unlike baking instructions.
Then, dough hook on the stand mixer. And I let it on for 7-8 mins. I have a perfect ball of dough to work with.

For Roi maker, the dough should be softer. I put lil ghee on roti maker, and small dough ball smaller than  golf ball - flattened. Press the roti maker few times. DONE !!

Roast the roti on the girdle (tawa).

Ghee on it ..and ENJOY with any curry !!

No comments:

Post a Comment