Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sooji utthapam (semolina pancake)

One of my aunt's introduced our family to this quick n yummy idea.

Ingredients:

Yoghurt - 2 cups
Sooji (semolina) - 2 cups
Salt to taste
Finely chopped Green chillies (if you can take it)
Ginger paste (1/2 tea spoon)
Grated cabbage (optional)
Finely chopped tomatoes (optional)
Any of your favorite vegetable chopped (optional)
Peas(optional)

Mix yoghurt, sooji (semolina) and salt. Add water to adjust consistency to pour. Let it sit overnight or more in refrigerator or outside. The idea is to let it get little sour. I generally use the mix over a period of 3-5 days.

When you are ready to cook add any of the veggies you prefer in the amount you prefer. I generally cook it plain and eat it just like that or with sambhar (a little spicy and tangy lentil soup).

Sometimes I add green chillies, ginger, cabbage and tomato to the mix.

Process:

Heat the nonstick pan. Pour the mix and cook it on one side like pancakes. Flip it over. Apply butter if you want. I sometimes apply lil butter and sometimes not. I like it crispy so I cook it little longer on low flame and  add small amount of butter.

ENJOY !!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment